Hi Everyone, Bridget here! I love the holiday season and I say every single year how shocked I am that it’s already Christmastime! My husband and I will be hosting our first Christmas this year, and from the moment we made the plans, I had already pulled fabric swatches, sourced inspiration photos, and designed the entire tablescape in my mind – All before thinking about what to serve for dinner. ;)
I am a huge fan of mixing patterns and styles, so this year I want to combine elements of a traditional Christmas tartan with natural elements featuring lush greenery and a glamorous twist of chic, modern candleholders. I’d like to think of this as my version of a Rustic Christmas in the heart of the city!
Cheers! Xo Bridget
– STYLE GUIDE –
– “A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS” –
1. Crate and Barrel Stump Wood Place Card Holder // 2. Anthropologie Decorative Object // 3. Crate and Barrel Pryce Coupe Champagne Glass // 4. Mark and Graham Plaid Cocktail Napkins //
– TIPS –
1. Offer guests a signature drink when they arrive to set the tone for the evening. This doesn’t have to be a complex cocktail, a simple glass of bubbly or sparkling cider with some pomegranate or cranberry accents is a festive way to begin the celebration
2. Purchase restaurant quality disposable containers with lids so that at the end of the evening guest can take home leftovers to enjoy the next day! Stick a simple address label on the top of each container to leave a sweet note for your guests!
3. In addition to post-meal coffee, I love setting up a Hot Cocoa Station with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and let’s be honest, some Bailey’s to keep you extra warm!
Featured Image Photo Credits: 1, 2 // Style Guide Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8